If you found me you probably already know that I am a visual artist. I’m also a writer and an educator from St. John’s, Newfoundland. I live in a 1950’s-style house with my artist husband, David Baltzer (who took this photo of me at my drafting table).
On this website you will find galleries showing my artwork–according to project and medium.
My woodblock engravings are available at Dozen Odd, Carbonear; Running the Goat Press, Tor’s Cove; Watershed Coffee House, Petty Harbour; Devon House, the Craft Council’s shop and The Red Ochre Gallery, both on Duckworth Street in St. John’s.
- On-going Research on the S.S. Caribou–check out my page “S.S. Caribou: Passengers & Crew 14/10/1942”. I am trying to learn everything I can about the people aboard the Caribou on October 14, 1942. If you can add anything to my “current list” please leave a comment.
- Art Meets History: Jennifer Morgan at the Admiralty House Museum, the Annex, Mount Pearl. My work on postcards and stamps, my comic book, and my traffic boxes, are all linked by my interest in Newfoundland and Labrador’s history, and my place in it. This show is for all of June, from 10 to 5, Monday to Friday, and on Saturday and Sunday, June 24 and 25. There is an admission charge.
- Woodblock Engraving Workshop. June 24 & 25, 10:30 am to 4:00 p.m. at the Annex in Mount Pearl. Beginners welcome! $75 (+ $20 if you buy the engraving tool). Call Admiralty House Museum to register: 748-1124 or email: email@example.com
- Stories about the S.S. Caribou at Alderwood Estates, Witless Bay, 2:00 p.m. Monday, July 3.
- The Howard C. Brown Concert Series. I’ll be telling stories, and my mom, Bernice Morgan, will be reading at St. John the Evangelist Church, Topsail, at 2:00 p.m. Sunday, June 6, 2017.
- Winterset in Summer Literary Festival: Interactive Colouring Book Session 4 p.m. Saturday, August 12, 2017. I’ll be sharing this panel with Dawn Baker and Kathy Sweetapple, in which I am prepared to do an exposé on my own futile attempt to cash in on my home and native land and the latest publishing fad.
- Ephemera: Caroline Clarke & Jennifer Morgan, at the Devon House Gallery, Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador. Opening, Friday evening, August 25, 2017 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm.