My newest pairing of etchings with an historical postcard is “St. John’s: 1912-2017” (see below). This was part of a two-woman show at Devon House Gallery this past August. In September you may have seen my artwork in the lovely Two Whales Coffee Shop, Port Rexton. Then I went to Channel-Port aux Basques for a wonderful event commemorating the 75th anniversary of the sinking of the S.S. Caribou on October 14th, 1942.
If you are interested buying anything you’ve seen at a show or craft fair, my work is available at the Red Ochre Gallery, 96 Duckworth Street, St. John’s, NL: http://www.redochregallery.ca.
- Printers’ Fair this Sunday: November 19, 11:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Rocket Room, Rocket Bakery, on Water Street, St. John’s, NL. I’ll be bringing my woodblock engravings and unframed etchings.
- Atlantic ArtSpace: November 21 to 25. I’ll be working at Atlantic Place, Water Street, from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and will have some of my woodblock engravings and postcard pieces there for sale.
- Gems for Christmas: the annual Christmas show at the Red Ochre Gallery opens November 25. December hours are: Tuesday to Saturday 10:30 am to 5:30 pm and Sunday 1 to 4:30 p.m. (Half days on Christmas and New Year’s Eve, and closed Christmas and Boxing Days.) Small gift-sized prints by me, and paintings by my husband, David Baltzer will be available
- On-going Research on the S.S. Caribou–check out my page “S.S. Caribou: Passengers & Crew 14/10/1942”. I am trying to learn everything I can about the people aboard the Caribou on October 14, 1942. If you can add anything to my “current list” please leave a comment. I’m hoping to update my information with the new stories that I learned this fall at the Channel-Port aux Basque Museum. My new comic book “Lifeboats Down: the Sinking of the S.S. Caribou” will be published by Breakwater Books in fall 2018.
- Woodblock Engraving Workshop. I’ll be holding my next one in January, 2018 probably at the Annex in Mount Pearl. Beginners welcome! $75 (+ $20 if you buy the engraving tool). More information will follow.